Acting from Southern Methodist University curriculum combines broad-based and inclusive actor training with rehearsal and performance of classical, contemporary, ensemble-based and self-created works. Our unique relationship with the award-winning Dallas Theater Center provides students with the ability to collaborate with artists of national and international stature.
Students at Acting from Southern Methodist University will:
- identify and redirect habitual behaviors, release imagination and structure a foundational technique that allows actors to bring their full selves to the work.
- expand their technical and imaginative abilities though extended voice and dialect work, commedia and character mask, and European clown. In addition to regular casting, graduate students create two self-directed pieces – one solo and one ensemble-based.
- Voice for the Stage
- Production Research and Development
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 332 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Methodist University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Contact Information
- Artist Statement
- Acting: Interview-Audition
International34620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1154 USD per credit during 36 months.
National34620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1154 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.