At Mathematics and Engineering from Queen's University we have an outstanding group of faculty researchers who are internationally recognized in their fields of specialization. They represent a wide variety of areas including pure mathematics (number theory, algebra, algebraic geometry, combinatorics, operator algebras, random matrices and dynamical systems), mathematical physics, mathematics applied to engineering (control theory, communication theory), mathematical biology, and both theoretical and applied statistics.
Students at Mathematics and Engineering from Queen's University will be equipped with valuable and versatile skills, such as:
- Knowledge and technical skills
- Effective communication skills in multiple forms for diverse audiences
- Information management: prioritize, organize and synthesize large amounts of information
- Time management: meet deadlines and manage responsibilities despite competing demands
- Project management: develop ideas, gather information, analyze, critically appraise findings, draw and act on conclusions
- Creativity and innovation
- Independence and experience as a collaborative worker
- Awareness, an understanding of sound ethical practices, social responsiblity, responsible research and cultural sensitivity
- Professionalism in all aspects of work, research, and interactions
- Leadership: initiative and vision leading people and discussion
- Algebra and Number Theory
- Analysis, Geometry, and Topology
- Applied Mathematics
- Mathematics and Engineering
- Probability and Statistics
- Mathematics and Engineering
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
January 15 to receive full funding consideration. There is no deadline to apply for admission
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Mathematics View 33 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MSc: 4 year Bachelor’s degree (perferably honours) with a minimum B+ standing.
- MASc: 4 year Bachelor’s degree (normally in engineering) with a minimum B+ standing.
- Two official transcripts for all post-secondary studies.
- At least 2 letters of reference.
- Curriculum vitae.
- If English is not a native language, prospective students must meet the English language proficiency requirements in writing, speaking, reading, and listening. The School of Graduate Studies requires the following minimum scores: TOEFL (paperbased): 550, (2) TOEFL iBT: Writing (24/30); Speaking (22/30); Reading (22/30); Listening (20/30), for a total of 88/120 (applicants must have the minimum score in each test as well as the minimum overall score)
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 18 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5773 CAD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.