Why Choose the MALS Gender and Diversity Studies Concentration?The interdisciplinary curriculum allows students to pursue coursework across the spectrum of disciplines represented in liberal, gender, and diversity studies, providing the flexibility to build a program of study that suits specific scholarly interests while remaining focused within a structured, integrative program.The MALS program is designed specifically with working students in mind. Core courses are held once a week in the evenings, and many elective courses are taught either in the evening or online.Pursuing a concentration in Gender and Diversity Studies at the master's level aids those students who wish to pursue further graduate and professional study in women's and gender studies or diversity studies in meeting admission requirements for Ph.D. or professional programs.Who would Benefit from a MALS Degree with a Concentration in Gender & Diversity Studies?
- Anyone interested in gender, diversity, and social justice who wishes to continue education at the graduate level, especially those with undergraduate degrees in, for example, women's and gender studies, sociology, anthropology, literature, history, or cultural studies.
- Professionals in the social-service and non-profit sectors who wish more fully to understand the diverse populations they serve and to address their clients' needs more equitably and effectively.
- Students with a desire to develop the intellectual tools to assist their efforts to create a more just, tolerant, and equitable society.
- Students seeking a competitive edge for employment in areas that require proficiency in gender and diversity issues, such as
- human rights work
- social and policy planning
- teaching and education
- media and communications
- public relations
- community development
- human resource management
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Liberal Studies
- Introduction to Interdisciplinary Study
- Seminar in Liberal Studies
- Seminar in Interdisciplinary Research
- Social Concerns and Women's Health
- Teaching in a Diverse Society
- Media and the First Amendment
- Gender and Language
- Trauma and abuse in the family
- Issues in African American History
- Legal and ethical issues in Counseling
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 72 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
International27693 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27693 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9015 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9015 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.