Environmental Health prepares specialists who understand the interrelationships between chemical, biological, and physical factors in the environment, and social and organizational factors in the human community.
- Students at the East Tennessee State University in the Environmental Health will become proficient in the assessment of community environmental health needs by collecting, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data, and will develop expertise in investigating, monitoring, and managing environmental problems that may have an impact on the public's health.
- The goal of this degree program is to prepare environmental specialists by increasing understanding of interrelationships between environmental factors and human health. Environmental health service needs are complex and increasing because of changes brought about by economic and technological advances.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The purpose of the Environmental Health Sciences Ph.D. Program is to promote the environmental health sciences, and identify, prevent, and manage disease and injury.
- This purpose will be fulfilled through dedication to higher (doctoral level) education and training, distinction in research, innovation in policy development, and improvement of health strategies.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Environmental Sciences View 1602 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Program Admission Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- An acceptable score on the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- A minimum of 30 semester hours of natural and physical science courses, including at one (1) semester of general microbiology, one (1) year of general biology, and one (1) year of general chemistry; college algebra and trigonometry or higher math are also required.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
International43260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1442 USD per credit during 12 months.
National43260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1442 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 601 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Johnson City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.