As you review potential rehabilitation counseling or clinical mental health counseling programs, keep these UT Southwestern advantages in mind:
- Our program combines outstanding academic training with exceptional clinical experience for a comprehensive, well-rounded education.
- Our program meets the academic and clinical experience requirements to prepare you for national certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC).
- Our program meets the academic and clinical experience requirements for application for licensure as an LPC or LPA in Texas.
- Our tuition and fee rates are among the most competitive in the country.
- Our program-sponsored practicum and internship sites eliminate the need for students to locate clinical placements on their own.
- Smaller class sizes mean students receive highly individualized attention from program faculty.
- Our students are exposed to advanced clinical training opportunities through direct clinical contact with a highly diverse patient/client population.
- We operate the University Rehabilitation Service, a rehabilitation focused assessment and counseling clinic that provides a range of diagnostic and treatment services for persons with physical, cognitive, developmental, and emotional disabilities.
- We operate two outpatient neuropsychology services which provide assessment and evaluation of adults, children, and adolescents with brain injury, developmental, and other dysfunction.
- Our location on a large medical center campus offers outstanding clinical opportunities within our hospitals, clinics, and academic community.
- We are located in the heart of Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area, the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States, and a thriving center for health care, business, and the arts.
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the bachelor (B.S.), masters (M.A./M.S./M.S.C.S./M.P.A.S./M.R.C), doctoral (Ph.D./D.P.T.) and medical professional (M.D.) degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment in Rehabilitation Counseling
- The Profession of Rehabilitation Counseling: Issues and Practices 3
- Counseling Theory in Rehabilitation
- Professional Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 1115 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic sources such as instructors, undergraduate advisers, or academic/research mentors.
- Original transcripts from all of the colleges you’ve attended.
- Your GRE scores. (Scores are acceptable within five years of taking the exam.) Our GRE school code is 6686.
- TOEFL scores if you’re an international student who does not have an undergraduate degree from a U.S. university.
- Complete a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic statistics.
International19850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39700 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National19850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39700 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18200 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
$18,200 for Texas residents (and students who qualify for the Academic Common Market) and $39,700 for non-Texas residents.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.