Healthcare Quality from Queen's University consists of eight (8) courses, including a supervised project. Participants will have two (2) mandatory, one-week intensive sessions each year in July or August; the remainder of the program will be a combination of synchronous and asynchronous study using interactive online videoconferencing.
Students at Healthcare Quality from Queen's University will:
- Promote, innovate and disseminate, in theory and methods, the discipline of Quality, Risk and Safety in Healthcare.
- Engage in research that will enhance quality improvement, risk reduction and promote safety within the healthcare system.
- Systemically examine, evaluate and measure and apply current tools and approaches for system improvements.
- Assume leadership roles in their organizations to ensure the patient safety mandate is fulfilled.
- Practice health care safely in the 21st century with the competencies outlined by Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Practice in an interdisciplinary environment understanding perspectives of other disciplines and incorporating patient perspectives on quality and safety, and have the capacity to move beyond their immediate local environment to inspire change at the policy level.
- Quality, Risk and Safety
- Process Improvement in Healthcare
- Research and Evaluation Methods to Assess Quality, Risk & Safety
- Law, Risk and Healthcare
- Organizational Behaviour in Healthcare
- Human Factors in Healthcare
- International Perspectives on Policy, Economics, and Quality Healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Health Informatics View 10 other Masters in Health Administration in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Biographical Form
- Transcripts and Test Results
- Statement of interest
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5772 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5772 CAD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.