Program mission and objectives
Through unique instruction and experiential learning that culminates with a yearlong master’s project, students have a real product innovation experience. The Product Innovation program at Virginia Commonwealth University emphasizes product innovation and teamwork skills so that graduates can take on key leadership roles that stimulate the creation, development and management of new products and services.
Student learning outcomes
The M.P.I. program hones competency in the area of product innovation. Students will:
- Demonstrate successful collaboration skills
- Demonstrate the ability to conceive and develop product concepts and related business plans
- Demonstrate the ability to think across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrate the ability to create and deliver effective presentations and other communication media such as reports and portfolios
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Arts Principles for Product Innovation
- Business Principles for Product Innovation
- Technology Principles for Product Innovation
- da Vinci Project
- Integrative Design Studio
- Product Innovation
- Guided Study in Product Innovation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design View 73 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.