The Religious Education MA program of Brigham Young University is designed to provide advanced preparation for teaching in the LDS Church Seminaries and Institutes System. The core curriculum focuses primarily on six areas of study: Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Latter-day Saint history, and the teaching of religion and scripture.
Religious Education admits a maximum of twelve students to the program in even numbered academic years. Applicants must be currently employed as either a full-time LDS Seminary or Institute teacher and have permission from their Seminaries and Institute Region Director before applying. Course work begins summer term. The program is designed to be completed in three years (two for course work and one for the culminating project).
- World Religions and Security Analysis
- World Religions and Area Analysis
- Professional Ethical Studies
- Directed Readings in Church History and Doctrine
- Educational Philosophy and Values in Religious Education
- Scripture Teaching
- Research Methods in Religious Education
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Religious Studies & Theology View 4135 other Masters in Education in United States
- Personal qualifications will be considered.
- Only full-time teachers in the LDS Church Seminaries and Institutes System (S&I) who have at least one year of employment in the system will be considered for admission.
- Written approval to apply from your CES Assistant Administrator.
- One letter of recommendation from your CES Area Director.
- Two letters of recommendation from an academic source outside of CES.
International5451 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 442 USD per credit during 36 months.
National5451 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 442 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Provo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.