In the Business Analysis & Consulting program from Strathclyde Business School you'll learn the key quantitative business analysis methods necessary to evaluate performance.
Industry involvement is at the heart of the course. You'll spend three weeks in January on a work placement, and have the opportunity to undertake your summer project in collaboration with an external organisation.
The combination of the quantitative and qualitative skills learned, along with the real experience of working with various clients problems throughout the course, will make you attractive to employers. By the end of the programme you'll be well placed for a client focussed career by providing model-based decision support to management at a strategic and operational level. For the last decade our graduates have been able to find jobs across different sectors from oil and gas industry, hospitality to junior and senior consultancy roles.
Examples of graduate employers include:
- Scottish Enterprise
- British Petroleum
- Hilton Worldwide
- Valentia Partners
- North Highland
- Becoming an Effective Business Analyst
- Foundations of Operational Research & Business Analysis
- Managing Business Operations
- Quantitative Business Analysis
- Spreadsheet Modelling & Demand Forecasting
- Strategy Modelling & Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics View 234 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
- MSc: Minimum second-class Honours degree, or overseas equivalent in business, economics, engineering or the social sciences. Applications from those with other degrees are also encouraged.
- PgDip: Minimum of a Pass degree, or equivalent, in an appropriate subject. Subject to performance, students may transfer from the Diploma course to the MSc.
- Although some quantitative analytical tools are taught and used during the course, only basic mathematical knowledge is necessary before starting the course.
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Tuition fees available for full-time option
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are scholarship opportunities available for students applying for this course. Opportunities include:
- MSc Business Analysis and Consulting Scholarship
Scottish and non-UK EU postgraduate students
- For a number of eligible courses, Scottish and non-UK EU postgraduate students can apply for support from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS). The support is in the form of a tuition fee loan and for eligible students a living cost loan.
- Students ordinarily resident in England may be eligible to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 to cover their tuition fees and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.