At Mass Communications programme of Brigham Young University generally, students with non-communications undergraduate majors will be expected to concentrate on communications electives. Those with a communications baccalaureate are encouraged to seek broadening electives outside the department.
Students at Mass Communications programme of Brigham Young University will:
- be able to correctly explicate theories from the fields of communication, sociology, psychology, and cultural anthropology and correctly apply them to significant media questions and issues facing individuals, families, and broader social institutions.
- be able to produce valid and reliable research in the form of theses, projects, conference papers, and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- be able to use appropriate quantitative and qualitative research methods to answer significant and relevant questions.
- be able to analyze their data using approporiate multivariate statistical tests and arrive at the appropriate conclusions based on those tests.
- Communications History and Historical Research Methods
- International Media and Communications
- Media Effects: Individual, Family, and Society
- Gender, Race, and Class in Mass Communications
- Media and Religion
- Integrative Persuasive Communications
- Special Studies in Communications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 124 other Masters in Media Management in United States
- Application - Submit an application by the program deadline
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Honor Code Commitment and Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Receive at least a 3.0 grade-point average in the cumulative undergraduate GPA from a regionally accredited university in the United States, or a comprehensive grade-point average of 3.0 from an equivalent university outside the United States.
- Evidence of Bachelor’s Degree and Transcripts
- Exposure to research and statistics
- Professional competence in written and spoken English
International7700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 USD per year during 12 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
LDS Tuition $7,932
Living costs for Provo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.