Economics and Law combined from Queen's University provides highly focused interdisciplinary training for students interested in the many areas where law and economic analysis intersect, for example, international trade law and policy, corporate law and policy, competition law and policy, environmental and resource management and tax law and policy.
Students at Economics and Law combined from Queen's University will:
- receive excellent training
- gain a strong comparative advantage to pursue careers in specialized legal work that requires knowledge of economic theory and social science methods, high-level policy work and academia.
- Public Law
- Legal Skills
- Microecnomic Theory
- Quantitative Methods
- Constitutional Law
- Public International Law
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Economics: January 15
- Law: November 1
DisciplinesEconomics Public Law Business Law View 11 other Masters in Business Law in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must meet the admission requirements of both the JD degree and the MA (Economics) programs. Separate simultaneous applications to both the Faculty of Law and Graduate Studies are required.
- Completion of an Honours BA in Economics or a related field (e.g. Math, Physics, Finance).
- LSAT score ≥160 (80th percentile).
- Applicants whose previous degree is not from a Canadian or U.S. university are required to submit the results from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- If applicable, an acceptable score on an approved English facility test is also required (TOEFL).
- Two academic references are required to support the application for the graduate degree..
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 36 months.
National5772 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5772 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.