The MA in Creative Arts Therapies, Music Therapy at Concordia University Montréal is the only full professional training program in Québec. The program, approved by the Canadian Association for Music Therapy (CAMT), is designed according to the current philosophy and standards of education with the discipline of music therapy.
Within this Music Therapy MA program, students can choose one of two options: Option 1, Research with Thesis or Option 2, Advanced Music Therapy Practice.
Option 1: Research with Thesis
This option is available for students interested in pursuing research, along with the academic rigor of completing a master’s thesis. The option also prepares students who might be interested in later pursuing a doctoral program.
Option 2: Advanced Music Therapy Practice
This option is available for students interested in preparing themselves for advanced music therapy practice and to better position themselves for future licensure. This option allows students to focus on acquiring more direct music therapy clinical experience, with a final practical capstone project rather than a research thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Music Therapy Advanced Literature
- Music Therapy Supervision, Teaching, and Learning
- Advanced Clinical Improvisation in Music Therapy
- Advanced Music Therapy Practicum
- Guided Imagery and Music
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Music Counselling View 104 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
- Entry into the program requires either: 1) a bachelor's/baccalaureate degree in Music Therapy with a 1,000-hour internship (or equivalent); OR 2) a Graduate Certificate or Diploma in Music Therapy (or equivalent).
- Applicants are selected on the basis of a past academic record of no less than a B average (3.00 on a 4.30 scale), or equivalent, a 500-word letter of intent, a curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation.
International20206 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20206 CAD per year during 24 months.
National9209 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9209 CAD per year during 24 months.
In-State2950 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2950 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.