- Why this course?
The MSc in Human Resource Management offered by Strathclyde Business School is a one-year, full-time programme. It's for those of you who aim to pursue a career in the field of human resource management.
You’ll undertake a curriculum based on the following compulsory and optional taught modules. If you meet the eligibility requirements on the Postgraduate Diploma then you’re allowed to proceed to the dissertation to complete the Masters stage.Business Skills Development sessions take place over both semesters.Management Research Report
During the second semester, you’ll produce a management research report based on analysing a human resources issue in an organisation.
You’ll require access to an organisation to carry out this research. You’re encouraged to use your own contacts to arrange this, although assistance will be given by the department.
As a CIPD provider for 70 years the Department has an extensive network of alumni in a range of senior HR roles in the private, public and voluntary sectors. More recently, graduates have accessed a range of jobs with a variety of organisations and recent graduate destinations and jobs have included:
- Corporate Behavioural Change Manager at The Scottish Government
- HR Graduate at Anglian Home Improvements
- People Advisor at Arnold Clark
- HR Administrator at Stirling Council
- Human Resource Executive at Clintec Pharmaceuticals
- Assistant HR Business Partner at The Glenmorangie Company
- HR Assistant at Skills Development Scotland
- Doctoral Researcher at University of Strathclyde
- Professional Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development at Associate, Chartered Member or Fellow
- Business Skills
- Contemporary Employment Relations
- Critical Issues in HRM
- Employee Reward
- HRM in a Business Context
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- People Resourcing
- Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management View 264 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
- Minimum second-class Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in a social science or business-related subject.
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are scholarship opportunities available for students applying for this course. Opportunities include:
- UK/EU 2016 Scholarships for the MSc International HRM and MSc HRM Programmes
- International Scholarships for the MSc International Human Resource Management and MSc Human Resource Management
Scottish and non-UK EU postgraduate studentsFor a number of eligible courses, Scottish and non-UK EU postgraduate students can apply for support from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS). The support is in the form of a tuition fee loan and for eligible students a living cost loan.
- Students ordinarily resident in England may be eligible to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 to cover their tuition fees and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.