Why this course?
You’ll learn all about the fundamental principles of economic analysis. You'll also gain the skills to apply insights obtained from these principles in particular context such as:
- acquiring and analysing information
- supporting decision-making
- problem solving
- policy making in private and public sector organisations
- a good understanding of micro and macroeconomic theory
- experience in the application of relevant economic theory to policy development and decision making in public and private sector organisations
- an appreciation of the nature and functioning of markets, institutions and policy-making environments that condition and shape policy choices
- a good working knowledge of statistical and econometric modelling techniques that support analysis and decision-making
- skills in the methods and techniques of economic appraisal of projects and programmes
CareersThe MSc in Applied Economics builds on our experience over many years in delivering classes that produce highly employable graduates. The course has been designed with employers' needs in mind, with design input from those who employ our graduates.Job titles include:
- Economists in investment banking and other bank departments
- Central Bank economists
- Economics statisticians
- Officials in regulatory agencies
- Commercial/business analysts with multinational companies and large organisations (such as health authorities)
- Economic, investment and management consultancies
- Economic assistants in government departments or agencies
- Academic posts, such as research assistants/fellows and lecturers in university and research institutes
- Managerial positions in charitable organisations
- Foundations of Microeconomics
- Further Topics in Microeconomics
- Macroeconomics for the Business Environment
- Macroeconomics for the Global Business Environment
- Analysis of Economic Data
- Quantitative Methods
- Principles of Economic Appraisal
- Economic Appraisal of Programmes & Policies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesEconomics View 507 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- Minimum second-class honours degree or overseas equivalent in any subject.
International20650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are scholarship opportunities available for students applying for this course. Opportunities include:
- MSc Applied Economics Essay Scholarship Competition
Scottish and non-UK EU postgraduate students
- For a number of eligible courses, Scottish and non-UK EU postgraduate students can apply for support from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS). The support is in the form of a tuition fee loan and for eligible students a living cost loan.
- Students ordinarily resident in England may be eligible to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 to cover their tuition fees and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.