Program goalsThe Urban and Regional Planning (Concentration in Environmental Planning) program at Virginia Commonwealth University maintains a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. The goals for the program are to:
- Prepare students to be effective practitioners in a variety of planning-related organizations, especially in mature communities and regions, with competence in the preparation, presentation and implementation of professional plans and in doing planning-related work
- Produce scholarship that increases knowledge and understanding of sustainability and planning support systems as well as the development of innovative methodological approaches and solutions to address issues related to sustainable community development
- Provide useful planning services to mature communities and regions, in cooperation with private and public planners, as appropriate
- Address issues of historic and current inequity, social justice and sustainability in built environments, neighborhoods and communities
Student learning outcomes
Students will acquire knowledge of planning and other related fields relevant to real-world and theoretical settings.Students will be able to pose and solve urban planning problems using planning skills, including:
- Research methods
- Plan creation and implementation
- Public engagement
- Effective communication and leadership
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Community Socioeconomic Analysis Using GIS
- Research Methods for Government and Public Affairs
- Planning Theory and Processes
- Legal and Legislative Foundations of Planning
- Development Planning
- Capstone Proposal Development
- Planning Studio
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Urban Planning View 123 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.