Why this course?
You’ll develop the concepts and skills required by financial managers and financial analysts working in the international banking sector. You’ll also gain an understanding of contemporary financial problems and issues facing international business and banks.
The International Banking & Finance programme at Strathclyde Business School will provide you with:
- a good understanding of financial theory and analysis
- an appreciation of the nature and functioning of financial markets and institutions
- a good working knowledge of accounting information and its use in financial decision-making and analysis
- an ability to apply the analysis developed in the course
Strathclyde’s Business School is one of the largest institutions of its kind in Europe. We've around 200 academic staff and more than 3000 full-time students.The departments and specialist units work together to provide a dynamic, fully-rounded and varied programme of specialist and cross-disciplinary postgraduate courses.The MSc International Banking & Finance has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
CareersThis course is suitable for those intending to develop their careers in finance, broadly defined as:
- corporate finance
- security analysis
- portfolio management
- options and futures
- treasury management
- the functioning of financial institutions and markets
- financial decision-taking in the public sector
- Principles of Finance
- Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- International Financial Markets & Banking
- Topics in Corporate Finance
- Financial Management for Banks
- Derivatives & Treasury Management
- Risk Management for Banks
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Banking and Investment View 268 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Minimum second-class honours degree or overseas equivalent (view the entry requirements for your country) in:
- business studies
- a subject area with a strong quantitative component
International27650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are scholarship opportunities available for students applying for this course. Opportunities include:
- Accounting & Finance Scholarships
- Students living in Scotland can find out more about funding from the Student Awards Agency Scotland.
- Students ordinarily resident in England may be eligible to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 to cover their tuition fees and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.