Inclusive of computer programming but going well beyond, Software Engineering is concerned with methodologies, techniques, and tools to manage the entire software life cycle, including development of requirements, specifications, design, testing, maintenance, and project management. The advent of Software Engineering is a natural result of the continuous quest for software quality and reusability, and the maturing of the software development industry.
The Department of Computer Science offers a Graduate Certificate in Software Engineering, Master of Software Engineering, Master of Science in Software Engineering, and Ph.D. in Software Engineering. The programs at North Dakota State University are designed to appeal to both full-time students and software professionals who are employed and wish to pursue a program part time. The Master of Software Engineering is a course work only program while the Master of Science in Software Engineering is a course work, comprehensive examination and research program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Software Project Planning and Estimation
- Software Requirements Definition and Analysis
- Software Design
- Software Construction
- Software Testing and Debugging
- Empirical Methods in Software Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 1459 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Bachelor’s level (B.S., B.A., Sc.B., etc.) degree from an educational institution of recognized standing;
- Ability to design and implement a program consisting of several interacting classes that might total approximately 100 executable statements;
- International Students require a minimum TOEFL ibT of 79 or an IELTS of 6.5.
- A 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA in previous coursework. Conditional admission may be given with a 2.7 or higher GPA and professional experience.
International19650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 655 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 561 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 374 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.