Inclusive of computer programming but going well beyond, Software Engineering is concerned with methodologies, techniques, and tools to manage the entire software life cycle, including development of requirements, specifications, design, testing, maintenance, and project management. The advent of Software Engineering is a natural result of the continuous quest for software quality and reusability, and the maturing of the software development industry.
The Software Engineering program at North Dakota State University is designed to appeal to both full-time students and software professionals who are employed and wish to pursue a program part time. The Master of Software Engineering is a course work only program while the Master of Science in Software Engineering is a course work, comprehensive examination and research program.
- Software Development Processes
- Software Requirements Definition and Analysis
- Software Design
- Software Testing and Debugging
- Empirical Methods in Software Engineering
- Software Project Planning and Estimation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 1799 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Master of Software Engineering:
- Bachelor’s level (B.S., B.A., Sc.B., etc.) degree from an educational institution of recognized standing
- Ability to design and implement a program consisting of several interacting classes that might total approximately 100 executable statements
- International Students require a minimum TOEFL ibT of 79 or an IELTS of 6.5
- A 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA in previous coursework. Conditional admission may be given with a 2.7 or higher GPA and professional experience
- Four year or longer B.S. or equivalent degree with at least a 3.0 grade point average
- Eighteen semester hours or equivalent in Computer Science from an educational institution of recognized standing, or at least 2 years of full-time professional software engineering experience
- Programming skill with one modern higher level programming language, preferably C++, C#, or Java
- A 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA in all previous coursework
International21270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 709 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 405 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.