Graduate students of Comparative Studies degree of Brigham Young University thus learn to combine the synthesizing and analytical skills of various humanistic disciplines in order to develop interdisciplinary and comparative approaches to the materials of human culture. Accordingly, program courses expand knowledge in humanistic disciplines and provide intense opportunities to develop wide-ranging research and writing.
- Emphasize advanced training in one discipline within the humanistic tradition, (e.g. literature, art history, philosophy, music, dance, film, etc.), and demonstrate broad interdisciplinary knowledge of intellectual and artistic creativity.
- Produce scholarly writing incorporating mastery of existing scholarship and analysis, revision, and oral presentation.
- Demonstrate additional disciplinary proficiency either in a second foreign language (a 300 level course with a significant literary component, but not the same course(s) used for the general language requirment) or advanced course work in a discipline other than literature (e.g., art history, history, philosophy, film, etc.). Graduate advisors must approve students' areas of emphasis.
- Art in Theory: Language
- Studies in Curatorship
- Foreign Language Readings for Art Historians
- Colloquium in Comparative Studies
- Studies in Periods and Movements
- Studies in Genres and Forms
- Studies in Themes and Types
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory General Studies & Classics View 190 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- A writing sample
International7700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 USD per year during 24 months.
National7700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Provo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.