Student learning outcomes:
The M.F.A. degree prepares students to either enter the professional field of design or to teach at the college or university level. Students will demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge in their areas of focus, as well as in the core courses in history, literature and theory; and in teaching performance or production. They will be evaluated on their ability to teach undergraduates, a final thesis project and approval of a professional-quality design, presentation or publishable article.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theatre History
- Theatre Historiography
- Dramatic Literature and Theory
- Modern Theatre: Theory and Practice
- Professional Internship
- Problems in Costume Design
- Advanced Theatre Projects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 281 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.