OverviewWhy this course?
The aim of the MSc Economics & Finance at Strathclyde Business School is to produce highly skilled professionals who can analyse, understand and explain the complex economic and financial issues that arise in a globalised world.
Jointly delivered by the Departments of Economics and Accounting & Finance, you will study the interaction between economics and finance, which is now critical to understanding the world we live in.
Graduates could gain employment in any job where a good knowledge of economics and finance is required. For example:
- public sector
- financial institutions
- international organisations
- non-governmental organisations
- Foundations of Microeconomics
- Macroeconomics for the Business Environment
- Analysis of Economic Data
- Further topics in Microeconomics
- Principles of Finance
- Accounting & Financial Analysis
- Macroeconomics for the Global Business Environment
- Quantitative Methods
Choose one from this list. You'll also be able to choose from a wide range of classes from across the Department of Economics and the Department of Accounting & Finance.
- Avanced Corporate Finance & Applications
- Derivates &Treasury Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 572 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Minimum second-class honours degree or overseas equivalent (view the entry requirements for your country) in:
- business studies
- management science
International23650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are scholarship opportunities available for students applying for this course. Opportunities include:
- MSc Economics & Finance Essay Scholarship
- Students living in Scotland can find out more about funding from the Student Awards Agency Scotland.
- Students ordinarily resident in England may be eligible to apply for a loan of up to £10,000 to cover their tuition fees and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.