The Mechanical Engineering program at North Dakota State University may be concentrated in a variety of areas including engineering mechanics, fatigue and fracture, biomechanics and biomaterials, thermal systems, fluid mechanics, energy, controls and mechatronics, or engineering materials with an emphasis on plastics, composite materials and nanomaterials. Students with a B.S. degree in physics or mathematics may pursue a special graduate program of study and earn an M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineering mechanics
- Engineering materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications received after the deadline will still be considered, but preference is given to those submitted by the deadline.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 460 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Students who have graduated from an accredited institution in the United States with a baccalaureate degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field must possess a GPA of 3.0 or greater for consideration of admission at full standing.
- International students must also provide both the TOEFL (or IELTS) and GRE general test scores before their applications will be considered. Minimum requirements for consideration of admission are 71 on the TOEFL ibT or 6 on the IELTS, and 300 on the GRE (combined quantitative and verbal) with a minimum quantitative score of 155.
- You are required to submit your online application and nonrefundable $35 application fee
- A statement of purpose is required for admission consideration and must be uploaded to your online application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Submitting your transcripts (statement of marks)
International23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 668 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 445 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.