The Materials and Nanotechnology program at North Dakota State University includes a series of required MNT core courses; additional elective courses; written and oral preliminary examinations; a doctoral dissertation based on independent, original research in the area of materials and nanotechnology; and a final oral examination of the dissertation.
Materials & Nanotechnology students are able pursue a master's degree under either the Plan A - Master's Thesis or the Plan C - Culminating Experience option.
The Plan A thesis option represents a more traditional Master of Science degree, with an independent research component in the form of an original thesis that can serve as a foundation for future doctoral work in science or engineering. For the Thesis Option, of the required minimum 30 graduate credits.
The Plan C option is appropriate for working professional students or students who are certain that they do not wish to pursue future graduate work in any field of science or engineering to the level of doctorate.
- Materials Characterization
- Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials
- Physical Properties of Materials
- Preparing Future Researchers
- Molecular Modeling
- Materials Synthesis Processing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 344 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Students with a degree in the disciplines of chemistry, engineering, material science and engineering, physics, polymer science, polymer engineering, or related fields will be considered for admission
- You are required to submit your online application and nonrefundable $35 application fee
- A statement of purpose is required for admission consideration and must be uploaded to your online application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Submitting your transcripts (statement of marks)
- All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship or residency, must demonstrate proficiency with the English language before they will be considered for admission to a graduate program
International21270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 709 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 405 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.