The department seeks to perpetuate active programs of research and service and maintain high levels of teaching competence. In partnership with students, community agencies and consumer and professional organizations, the Department of Rehabilitation Counseling endeavors to enhance the personal, social and economic independence of individuals with disabilities.
Student learning outcomes:
- Satisfactorily practice in a legal and ethical manner
- Satisfactorily practice with individuals and groups
- Satisfactorily practice rehabilitation case management
- Satisfactorily show knowledge of career development
- Satisfactorily identify/use assessment information
- Satisfactorily practice job development/placement
- Satisfactorily use information from rehabilitation research
- Addiction Counseling
- RIntroduction to Rehabilitation Counseling
- Theories of Professional Counseling
- Group Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Human Growth and Development
- Career Counseling and Job Placement
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Case Management
- Medical and Psychosocial Aspects of Disabilities
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Health Disorders
- Multicultural Counseling
- Counseling Techniques
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 896 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.