The following are prerequisites to the concentration: LING 390/ENGL 390/ANTH 390 and six credit hours of foreign language. Students who pursue this Reading (Concentration in Reading with TESOL - K-12) program at Virginia Commonwealth University will not be endorsed as a K-12 reading specialist. Students interested in pursuing both endorsements must take the following nine credit hours in addition to the ones listed below: READ 600, READ 605 and READ 700.
Student learning outcomes
- Demonstrate content knowledge to support literacy and language learning
- Effectively plan instruction or fulfill other professional responsibilities that attend to learner differences
- Effectively apply knowledge, skills and dispositions in practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adolescent Growth and Development
- Seminar in Child Growth and Development
- Adult Development
- Advanced Educational Psychology for Elementary Teachers
- Philosophy of Education
- Social Foundations of Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1460 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.