Art History from Queen's University courses give students an opportunity to study a broad range of topics including the castles and cathedrals of Europe, technical and scientific approaches to the study of art, the Renaissance and the global Baroque, Indigenous arts of North America and abroad, the history of photography, contemporary and digital art, and curatorial/heritage management
Students at Art History from Queen's University will:
- immerse in a digital reconstruction of the pre-historic cave paintings in Lascaux, France,
- use the most advanced digital imaging technologies to see the “hidden” background of a Netherlandish painting,
- get direct experience with art as well as the advanced technologies to understand art.
Studies in the History of Prints and Drawings: The Quest for Colour
Studies in Italian Renaissance Art: A Material History of Italian Renaissance Sculpture
Studies in Modern Art: Bodies, Medicalized
Topics in Contemporary ArtI: Art, Pedagogy and Social Practice - Histories and Methods
Agnes Etherington Art Centre Practicum
- Directed Research in a Cultural Institution
- Directed Reading
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 81 other Masters in Visual Arts in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A writing sample (e.g. art history essay) must be sent as electronic copy directly to the Graduate Assistant.
- A brief "Statement of Purpose" (500-600 words), outlining the applicant's specific area(s) of research and career goals must be submitted as part of the online application.
- Two current academic letters of recommendation from scholars familiar with the applicant's academic record must be sent.
- All official academic transcripts must be sent to the attention of the Graduate Assistant.
- Application Fee
- Language Requirements
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12927 CAD per year during 16 months.
National5772 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5772 CAD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.