Students in the Russian, Eurasian and East European Studies program from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill choose a regional focus, related languages, and relevant area studies courses.
- Most students complete the program in two years, but by taking extra course work during the semester and/or summer, students have the possibility to complete the MA in 18 months.
- This fast-track option is designed for Foreign Area Officer (FAO) personnel.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theory in Global Studies
- Contemporary History of Russia and Eastern Europe
- Identities and Transitions
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 792 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 18 months.
National28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 18 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.