The FNP is prepared to provide direct care to individuals and families in a variety of primary care settings, including college health services, health maintenance organizations, community clinics, long-term care, assisted living, continuing care retirement communities, occupational health settings, urgent care and private practices.
Graduates of the Nursing with a concentration in family nurse practitioner program at Virginia Commonwealth University are eligible to apply for certification as a FNP by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Graduates will achieve advanced nursing practice competencies by demonstrating:
- Systems and organizational leadership
- Implementation of advanced nursing practice interventions
- Effective use of research and technology
- Systematic evaluation of interventions and outcomes
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Primary Care of the Adult-Gerontology Population
- Maternal and Child Health in Primary Care
- Complex Problems in Family Primary Care
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Public Health Nursing View 1347 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be eligible for readmission or be in good standing at the last college or university attended
- Meet the general admission requirements of the VCU Graduate School
- Submit a complete application with all required materials to the School of Nursing
- Have an earned baccalaureate (or higher) degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school (e.g. ACEN, CCNE, CNEA)
- Have completed a minimum of three credit hours in statistics with a minimum grade of B
- Have a current, unrestricted R.N. license from a U.S. state or territory at the time admissions application is submitted
- Provide additional information with the application according to the English language proficiency guidelines for applicants who are international or non-native English speakers without a degree from a U.S. high school, college or university
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.