The adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner generally works in an acute care setting, often within a multidisciplinary team focused on the provision of evidence-based care to adults who are acutely ill. The sphere of influence of the nurse practitioner is that of the patient.
- Sustain our tradition of leadership in educational excellence by preparing future scholars and leaders for nursing and health care
- Be a nationally influential center in the development, translation and dissemination of science in biobehavioral clinical research
- Be a national model for collaboration and partnerships between nursing education and nursing service in academic medical centers
- Be a national model for clinical scholarship (development and dissemination) in the use of simulation, technology and innovation for best practices in education and practice
- Provide services that benefit the profession and promote the health and well-being of diverse individuals, families and communities
The mission of the School of Nursing is to improve health and the human condition through leadership in nursing research, education and service. Therefore we will:
More informationVisit official programme website
- Primary Care Advanced Practice Clinical Procedures
- Acute Care Advanced Practice Clinical Procedures
- Diagnosis and Management in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care
- Ethics, Advanced Nursing Practice and the Health Care Environment
- Advanced Nursing Practice: The Biological Basis of Health and Illness Across the Lifespan
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Across the Lifespan
- Policy, Processes and Systems for Advanced Nursing Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 749 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.