The mission of the Department of Nurse Anesthesia is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to work as part of an interprofessional team to serve the public through the delivery of safe, cost-efficient, quality anesthesia services and to develop leaders and scholars who will advance the specialty of nurse anesthesia through research, scholarship and public service. The department achieves this mission by establishing an environment that promotes excellence, values diversity, stimulates creativity and recognizes achievement.
Student learning outcomes
Upon completion of the Nurse Anesthesia degree program at Virginia Commonwealth University, the graduate will:
- Plan, organize, deliver and evaluate safe anesthesia care
- Design, implement and evaluate perianesthetic care
- Incorporate critical thinking into ongoing professional practice
- Evaluate the postoperative course of a patient
- Assimilate into practice effective and culturally competent written, verbal and nonverbal communication with patients and families, other individuals involved in patient care, and the public
- Assume responsibility for professional behavior
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medicinal Chemistry for Nurse Anesthetists
- Principles and Practice of Nurse Anesthesia
- Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse Anesthetists
- Clinical Practicum
- Pathophysiology for Nurse Anesthetists
- Professional Aspects of Anesthesia Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 718 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25956 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25956 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12618 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.