The Health, Nutrition and Exercise Science department at North Dakota State University is devoted to researching and understanding the long-term effects of physical activity and nutrition, and translating this research into effective exercise science and wellness programs for children, adolescents, and adults of all ages. This option is appropriate for athletic trainers, nutrition, and exercise science graduates.
Admission requirements are as follows:
- Cumulative baccalaureate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in field closely related to Nutrition, Dietetics, or Exercise Science.
- A faculty has agreed to be the applicant’s mentor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Seminar (Introduction to HNES )
- Introduction to Research Design and Methods in HNES
- Scholarly Writing and Presenting in HNES
- Applied Statistics
- Graduate Exercise Physiology (Restricted to students enrolled in the Exercise Science/Nutrition Option)
- Nutrition in Wellness
- Master's Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 287 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- In addition to Graduate School admission requirements, the following criteria will be considered at the time of application for admission into graduate study.
- Admission to a master's degree program is considered ONLY after all required application materials have been received and reviewed.
- In order to be considered, the applicant must have a Bachelor of Science degree in an HNES related field from an accredited institution, an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and have submitted all required materials as listed.
International19650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 655 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 561 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 374 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.