Following the closely-held Friedman School tenet that nutrition affects whole populations and regions, the program also extends into domestic and global policy areas that affect both nutrition and food security. The program is the only US-based nutrition program taught in a combination of on campus and online learning.
Graduates from the Master of Nutrition Science and Policy program at Tufts University emerge with an understanding of nutrition policy and science, the skills needed to analyze and communicate nutrition-based research, and the ability to apply their learning to solve nutrition and lifestyle-related challenges. This program is ideal for professionals seeking career advancement or continuing education, those working in community-based or international nutrition programs, Registered Dietitians who would like a masters degree with a less-clinical curriculum and more basic science and policy, those with a DPD preparing for their internship, persons relatively new to the field of nutrition, and for individuals looking to further their understanding of nutrition so they can have a positive impact on their communities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Nutrition Science and Policy degree program offers an interdisciplinary curriculum of advanced study in nutrition science, global and US food policy, global nutrition programs, statistics, applied research skills, plus a two-course concentration area selected by the student.
- Students will complete ten credits of coursework consisting of a required core curriculum, two electives and a one-credit research or project based thesis.
- The electives allow students to concentrate in a specific field as perceived important for the student’s education or career objectives. The curriculum is designed to enhance the study of nutrition at both the science and policy levels.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Public Policy View 321 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee - The application fee of $75 is payable through the online application by credit card or e-check (drawn on a US bank).
- Academic Records
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement - You are required to upload a personal statement describing your reasons for wanting to pursue graduate study at Tufts. Please limit your personal statement to a maximum of five pages.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
International54196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54196 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National54196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54196 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.