The mission of the Science and Dietetic Internship program at Tufts University is to provide an environment in which dietetic interns will acquire the knowledge, competencies, skills, and professionalism needed to be future leaders in the diverse field of dietetics. Our graduates will be competent entry-level registered dietitians with a strong scientific foundation in nutrition therapy, coupled with hands-on experience in relevant areas of dietetic practice. We strive to promote in our students a strong commitment to citizenship, collaboration, and ethical standards. Dedication to the highest level of patient and community service forms the foundation for all we do.
Our students also benefit from the expertise of a number of other highly qualified registered dietitians who supervise affiliations outside of Tufts Medical Center, including WIC programs, the Joslin Diabetes Center, Dialysis Clinic, Incorporated (DCI), and the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University.
The FSNC staff is active in many professional associations, including the various practice groups of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, the Society for Nutrition Education, and the American Society for Nutrition Sciences.
The Frances Stern Nutrition Center has been accredited by the accrediting body of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, currently the Accreditation Council for the Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) since 1936 as a dietetic internship specifically designed for the training of clinical nutritionists. This program's area of emphasis is clinical nutrition which was chosen because it is our belief that solid preparation in clinical nutrition and medical nutrition therapy provides a strong basis for the training of a competent entry level dietitian since clinical healthcare teams are increasingly reliant upon RDs to optimize outcomes in both preventive and therapeutic management of health and disease. Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the student is eligible to take the examination to become a Registered Dietitian.
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Advanced Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Nutrition Policy and Programming: How Science and Practice Interact
- Statistical Methods for Health Professionals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 213 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tufts University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; a minimum university cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required
- The school has permanently removed the GRE as a requirement, as part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- For students taking the GRE who seek to refresh their verbal and quantitative skills, self-study materials and sample questions are available from the Educational Testing Service
- Submit personal statement, recommendations, and transcript through this application
- DICAS charges $50 for the first application and $25 for each additional application
- Complete Application Information and Academic History Section
- Do NOT submit essays, recommendations, or other supporting material through the online application
- Pay a $70 application fee through the online application system
Interns are selected based on:
- Scholastic achievement
- Professional references
- Written and oral expression
- Leadership abilities
- Professional activities
- Work experience
- GRE scores (optional)
International50784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50784 USD per year during 12 months.
National50784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50784 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Medford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.