The opportunity and excitement provided by research in the biomedical sciences has never been greater. With the sequence of the human genome and that of nearly every model organism in hand, the scientific community is poised to make great strides in our understanding of basic biological processes, and their relationship to disease.
- As a graduate student in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology (MCDB) at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill you can be part of the cutting-edge research that makes this such an exhilarating time.
- The Department of Biology is composed of over 50 faculty actively engaged in research that spans the entire scope of modern biology, from the disciplines of cell, molecular, and developmental biology through the areas of ecology, physiology and behavior.
- The department as a whole forms a very interactive group, which fosters an environment emphasizing collaboration and resource sharing.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 1258 other Masters in Biology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application fee (non-refundable $95.00)
- Transcripts (complete, not selected courses): One unofficial transcript from each university attended must be uploaded within the application.
- Current letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Community Standards Questions
- Supplemental program information
International28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 12 months.
National28844 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14422 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.