This is a multidisciplinary field that involves the study of mathematical optimisation techniques, operational research methods, programming and statistics with their applications to economics, finance, medicine, industrial management, natural sciences and others.
Researchers at the University of Birmingham have recently shown how the modern optimization and statistical methods are successfully applied to engineering design, financial and economical data analysis, meta-analysis, economic equilibrium, network communication, and combinatorial optimization.
Why study Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Econometrics (MORSE) Masters at Birmingham?
- Develop your mathematics, business, economics, science or engineering background within a broad range of professional areas in quantitative analysis
- Acquire the ability to integrate the knowledge of statistics and optimisation to address, critically analyse and provide a rational appraisal of a problem
- Learn to use software packages to perform statistical analysis and empirical studies
- Focus on finding optimal solutions to optimisation problems in broader and challenging environments
- Study at the School of Mathematics which is internationally recognised for the quality of our research in various fields
The Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Econometrics (MORSE) programme from University of Birmingham produces highly qualified students in statistics, operations research and econometrics with applications to economics and business management. It also provides ideal preparation for a career in economics, health care, finance, banking, insurance, actuarial science, business management, governmental or academic institutions.
Postgraduate study at the University of Birmingham is a chance to learn from world leaders in their fields. This guarantees you a first-class learning experience, leading to a qualification that is respected the world over and making you an attractive prospect in a very competitive job market.
- Statistical Methods in Finance and Economics
- Postgraduate Taught Knowledge Exchange Pathway#
- Project (MORSE)
- Advanced Management Mathematics
- Advanced Mathematical Finance
- Applied Statistics
- Game Theory and Multicriteria Decision Making
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 108 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
- To be accepted onto this programme you should have a 2:1 Honours degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering or programmes with a strong mathematical component.
International20430 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20430 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9810 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9810 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.