Secondary Education from Wayne State University consist of graduate-level courses (several involving work with children in a school setting) and field experiences (pre-student teaching for one semester and student teaching for one semester).
Secondary Education prepares teachers for education jobs with children in 6-12 grades. Our program leads to a Michigan Secondary Standard Teaching Certificate for teaching all subject areas for both bachelor and graduate programs. Our program is designed to provide quality education to children in a classroom setting.
- Educational Psychology
- Adolescent Psychology
- Multicultural Education in Urban America
- Inclusive Teaching
- Computer Applications in Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Secondary Education View 294 other Masters in Secondary Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Wayne State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- International applicants must complete the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor's degree, including all state and external/internal examinations required for the degree.
- Submit your transcript(s)
- Demonstrate English proficiency
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee
- Test Scores
- If you are applying to a master's program, your minimum undergraduate GPA must be 2.75 or its equivalent in upper division coursework.
International47850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1595 USD per credit during 12 months.
National47850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1595 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State22080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Detroit
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.