About the Program
The Agriculture, Food and Environment program of Tufts University has a long commitment to sustainability, especially in the agricultural realm. Meeting sustainability goals requires both public and private sector initiatives and actions. For example, many federal programs seek to help farmers and ranchers improve environmental outcomes. Within the private sector, large and small food supply chain businesses are developing and implementing best practices in response to both consumer demands and changing supply chains – these span environmental, social, and economic aspects of sustainability.
Students come to the AFE Program to help build a more desirable food production and distribution system, making agriculture and food systems more supportive of the natural environment and the society they serve. Students apply to AFE from varied academic and professional backgrounds in areas such as agriculture, biology, nutrition or health and environmental studies, as well as political science, history, economics and business or the liberal arts. Most students enter the program with applicable professional and volunteer experience which contributes to classroom discussion and community life.
- U.S. Agriculture
- Agricultural Science and Policy
- Economics of Agriculture and the Environment
- Nutrition Science
- Determinants of U.S. Food Policy
- Agriculture and Rural Development in Developing Countries
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFood Sciences Agriculture Environmental Sciences View 234 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Transcripts - Applicants may upload unofficial transcripts to their online applications for use in the application review process
- The GRE is optional for all degree programs
- International Students - In addition to admissions requirements, international students must demonstrate an adequate command of the English language
- Application Fee: $70 nonrefundable, paid through the application system
International49296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49296 USD per year during 12 months.
National49296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49296 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Medford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.