The Emergency Management program at North Dakota State University is built on a core of emergency management and methods/theory courses to help students approach the study of disasters and emergency management from the emergency management disciplinary perspective. Additionally, the program draws from other disciplines that enhance the development of processes and techniques to deal with emergencies and disasters.
The master's and doctoral degree programs in emergency management at NDSU are campus-based. Potential students are encouraged to visit the campus and meet faculty and current graduate students.
The comprehensive and challenging Master's degree program in Emergency Management is intended to explore the academic research literature related to emergency management as well as provide students with opportunities to apply their knowledge through research and/or practicum. The program is built on a core of emergency management courses to help students learn how human beings create, interact, and cope with hazards, vulnerability, and associated events. The program emphasizes the study of how human beings cope with hazard events through activities related to preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Qualitative Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods in Communication
- Quantitative Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods in Communication
- Theory, Research and Practice
- Preparedness Theory and Practice
- Mitigation Theory and Practice
- Response Theory and Practice
- Recovery Theory and Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management View 54 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
- Applicants must first complete the Graduate School's online application form and submit the required materials.
- Applicants must submit transcripts from the higher education institutions they have attended to the Graduate School.
- All applicants who have not completed a master's degree in the United States must submit GRE scores. If an applicant has completed a master's degree in the United States, then GRE scores are not required but still strongly recommended.
International655 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National561 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 561 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State374 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 374 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.