The Information Systems (Concentration in Information Technology Management) program at Virginia Commonwealth University is intended to provide a graduate-level, technically oriented curriculum that focuses on the design and development of information systems to solve real-world problems. The department’s curriculum is focused on the rapidly emerging area known as enterprise information systems. Graduates of the program are expected to be able to take significant roles in planning, organizing, managing, designing, configuring and implementing EIS systems using state-of-the-art technologies within organizations.
Student learning outcomes
- Graduates should be capable of communicating and networking effectively within their profession and within their organizations, serving the profession by applying this knowledge broadly and maintaining key technical expertise in order to sustain required levels of competitiveness.
- Graduates must have an understanding of information technology as it applies to business contexts and the skill to apply this technology effectively in specific circumstances.
- Graduates must be able to develop efficient and effective IS solutions using appropriate technologies that can deliver competitive advantages to organizations.
- Graduates must be able to develop and incorporate changes in the planning and management of IS resources based on an increased understanding of the dynamic changes in the organization, IS and global environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organizational Culture and Team Building
- Information Systems Management
- Analysis and Decisions
- Emerging Technologies
- IS Planning and Project Management
- Information Systems Assurance and Security Management
- Structuring Information for Decision Making
- IS in the Digital Economy
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Topics in IT Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Business Information Systems View 226 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.