The department’s curriculum is focused on the rapidly emerging area known as enterprise information systems. Graduates of the program are expected to be able to take significant roles in planning, organizing, managing, designing, configuring and implementing EIS systems using state-of-the-art technologies within organizations.
The Fast Track Executive Master of Science in Information Systems with a concentration in information technology management provides an opportunity for current information technology professionals and business managers to receive the necessary preparation to move into IT management roles. Participants gain a wide range of new skills and knowledge by combining course work with their day-to-day professional activities. The program is targeted to rising business executives, entrepreneurs and information systems professionals. The program differs from the regular M.S. in Information Systems program in that it is offered in a weekend format, with students meeting for classes on alternate weekends throughout the calendar year. The lockstep program consists of 10 required courses.
Student learning outcomes:
- Graduates should be capable of communicating and networking effectively within their profession and within their organizations, serving the profession by applying this knowledge broadly and maintaining key technical expertise in order to sustain required levels of competitiveness.
- Graduates must have an understanding of information technology as it applies to business contexts and the skill to apply this technology effectively in specific circumstances.
- Graduates must be able to develop efficient and effective IS solutions using appropriate technologies that can deliver competitive advantages to organizations.
- Graduates must be able to develop and incorporate changes in the planning and management of IS resources based on an increased understanding of the dynamic changes in the organization, IS and global environments.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Organizational Culture and Team Building
- Information Systems Management
- Analysis and Decisions
- Emerging Technologies
- IS Planning and Project Management
- Information Systems Assurance and Security Management
- Structuring Information for Decision Making
- IS in the Digital Economy
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Topics in IT Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems View 164 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.