The Information Systems (Concentration in Information Risk, Security and Assurance) program at Virginia Commonwealth University is intended to provide a graduate-level, business-technology-oriented curriculum that focuses on the design and development of information systems to solve real-world problems. Graduates of the program are expected to be able to take significant roles in planning, organizing, managing, designing, configuring and implementing systems using state-of-the-art technologies within organizations.
The information risk, security and assurance concentration within the degree is designed primarily for students interested in professional roles in business, industry or government. Program graduates will serve as leaders within the risk, security and assurance community and as strategic partners with the enterprise in which they work. They will stay attuned to and anticipate changes in the risk, security and assurance environment and ensure that security solutions create a sound, competitive and cost-effective advantage for the enterprise.
Student learning outcomes
- Graduates should be capable of communicating and networking effectively within their profession and within their organizations, serving the profession by applying this knowledge broadly and maintaining key technical expertise in order to sustain required levels of competitiveness.
- Graduates must have an understanding of information technology as it applies to business contexts and the skill to apply this technology effectively in specific circumstances.
- Graduates must be able to develop efficient and effective IS solutions using appropriate technologies that can deliver competitive advantages to organizations.
- Graduates must be able to develop and incorporate changes in the planning and management of IS resources based on an increased understanding of the dynamic changes in the organization, IS and global environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- E-business Technologies
- Information Technology Infrastructure
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Database Systems
- Data Communications
- Mathematical Structures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems View 172 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.