The MA in Film Studies at Concordia University Montréal encompasses aesthetics, theory, and research methods that will help enable students to navigate their own relationship to the complex and pervasive viewing experiences of our digital world. While exploring the latest developments in moving image culture, we encourage students to develop their own research projects.
You will connect with a dynamic group of students and develop your own areas of interest and benefit from some of the best research labs in Canada. Our internationally-renowned faculty is comprised of academics from a multitude of disciplines and institutions and includes four research chairs.
- Methods in Film and Moving Image Studies I
- Methods in Film and Moving Image Studies II
- Topics in English Canadian Cinema
- Topics in Cinema Québécois
- Topics in European Cinema
- Topics in Non-European Cinema
- Topics in Film History
- Topics in Film Theory
- Topics in Aesthetics and Cultural Theory
- Gender Issues in Film
- Topics in Film Genres
- Topics in Experimental Film and Video
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 46 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Canada
- Undergraduate degree in film studies with a minimum B average (GPA 3.00)
- Applicants may be requested to attend an interview with the graduate committee.
International13995 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 622 USD per credit during 24 months.
National6390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 284 USD per credit during 24 months.
Quebec residents: $90,84 per credit.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.