About the Program
You will join a group of approximately 35 emerging professionals with varied interests and skills who may become part of your lifelong network of colleagues and friends.
The Museum Education program at Tufts University prepares graduates to find their places at the cutting-edge of the interesting and varied field of museum education. Museum educators are:
- Helping museums find new roles in fostering community, addressing social issues, and providing forums for multiple views and voices.
- Designing and conducting programs for toddlers, families, policemen, doctors-in-training, parolees, those with dementia and more, and they facilitate lifelong learning by teaching visitors make their own connections and meanings.
- Serving on exhibition development teams, working with community groups, creating in-museum and Internet learning resources, conducting in-person and distance learning programs, and directing departments and museums.
- Museums Today: Mission and Function
- Museum Teaching and Learning in the Museum
- Museum Education for K-12 Audiences
- Anthropology and Sociology of Schooling
- Critical Histories of U.S. Education
- Human Development and Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Museum Studies View 3196 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application for Admission through Tufts Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
- College Transcripts: One official copy of each of your college transcripts
- Official GREs: In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on the availability of standardized testing, test scores will be optional for students applying to this program for Fall admissions.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement: Elaborate on your reasons for wishing to pursue graduate study at Tufts and your vision of becoming museum educator. Your personal statement should be a maximum of 2,500 words and single-spaced. Describe experiences, including inspiring individuals or events that motivated you to take this path.
- Application Fee
- Financial Aid Application
International27098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54196 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National27098 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54196 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Medford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.