- Graduate programme in Biochemistry at Louisiana State University offers research-oriented M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Biochemistry. Qualified students usually enter the Ph.D. program without first earning a M.S. degree. Requirements for the Ph.D. include appropriate coursework designed to provide broad but intensive training in biochemistry, experience in presentation of seminars, and successful completion of qualifying and general examinations.
- The Ph.D. also requires formulation and execution of original research, as demonstrated by production of research publications and a dissertation. The M.S. requires a thesis and a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate work, 24 hours of which must be in coursework. At least one-half of the minimum required credit in the M.S. program must be in courses at or above the 7000 level.
- The Biological Sciences degree programs are designed to be flexible in order to meet the many of needs of students in the sub-disciplines of modern biology. Since the biological sciences degree is applicable to more fields, the specific courses required are tailored to meet individual student requirements.
- Biology for Science Majors
- Biology Laboratory for Science Majors
- Molecular Biology of Microorganisms
- Clinical Toxicology
- Biomedical Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 713 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
Regular Admission to the LSU Graduate School requires:
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
- a minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average (GPA) for all undergraduate work taken prior to receiving a degree and a minimum 3.0 GPA for all previous graduate work for which a grade is given;
- satisfactory academic standing at the last institution attended;
- acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE); and
- acceptance into a departmental program.
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 12 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.