The MA in Art History at Concordia University Montréal offers the possibility of pursuing an internship in a museum, a gallery or at another local cultural organization in Montreal. Once their coursework is completed, students undertake, alongside their supervisor, a directed review of sources and then write a thesis that is an original and topical contribution to art historical scholarship.
Each professor presents to their students various theories and methodologies that are broadly relevant in the field today (such as decolonizing methodologies, postcolonial theory, queer theory, social art history, sensory studies, etc.)
- Landscapes and Built Environment
- Indigenous Art and Art History
- Craft Studies: Theory and Practice
- Postcolonial and Decolonizing Practices in Art and Visual Culture
- Feminisms and Art History
- Art and Art History in Canada and Quebec
- Architectural History, Theory and Criticism
- Photography History and Theory
- Issues in Visual and Material Culture
- Media and New Media
- Art and Globalization
- Independent Studies in Art History
- Museum Studies
- Curatorial Studies: Theory and Practice
- Annotated Review of Sources and Documents
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Landscape Architecture View 17 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
BFA or a BA with a major in Art History or approved equivalent with at least a B+ average in the major area.
International13995 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 622 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National6390 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 284 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Quebec residents: $90,84 per credit.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.