About the Program
The Biomedical Engineering Department offers programs leading to the Master of Science (M.S.) degrees. All of our M.S. programs can be taken on a part-time basis.
The booming biomedical industry demands skilled professionals whose expertise can cross traditional boundaries of science and engineering. The Biomedical Engineering program of Tufts University addresses this need through a highly interdisciplinary course of study. Students focus on one of several biomedically relevant topics, including tissue engineering, biological delivery, or the interaction of biomaterials with mammalian tissues.
As a student in the Tufts Biomedical Engineering program, you will find an exceptional academic experience, distinguished by close faculty interactions that will propel you from graduate study to your career.
- Principles of Biomedical Engineering
- Analytical Tools of Biomedical Engineering
- Molecular Biotechnology
- Design of Medical Instrumentation
- Optics and Wave Motion
- Medical Imagining
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 1738 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to the graduate program are expected to have a degree at the level of bachelor or master in engineering or basic/applied/health sciences.
- Requirements include a basic knowledge of biology, math through ordinary differential equations, and some basic engineering courses (for example, fluid mechanics, properties of materials, thermodynamics, circuit theory).
- Students who do not meet all requirements may be admitted into the program pending the successful completion of courses aimed at the fulfillment of the requirements.
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- GRE General Test scores are not required
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo test scores (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Portfolio (optional)
International54196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54196 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National54196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54196 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Medford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.