Civil engineering has impact on almost every aspect of the environment we live in, from building structures to transportation and sanitation. It has applications all over the world, with key skills transferable into other industries.
In this Civil Engineering programme offered at London South Bank University you'll be required to complete an individual project into a specific area of the programme. This will provide you with the opportunity to pursue independent study and undertake work of an investigative nature, contributing an experimental, analytical, computer-based or fieldwork input.
Why Civil Engineering at LSBU?
- Accredited by the Engineering Council. Highly-technical course makes gaining Chartership easier.
- Currently engaging in numerous research and development projects with industrial collaborators, providing industry-relevant dissertation topics.
- Allows for specialism in particular aspects of Civil Engineering, e.g. structures, geotechnics, highways, rail, water transport.
Employment prospects for graduates of these courses are very good, especially in view of the upturn in new infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas. Successful students enter into a variety of positions within the construction industry, working in a design office, with contractors and in local authorities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced structural design
- Soil-structure engineering
- Finite elements and stress analysis
- Highway engineering and operation
- Railway engineering and operation
- Water engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 755 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The programme is designed primarily for engineers and other construction industry professionals who are seeking to enhance their understanding of advanced civil, structural and geotechnical engineering technology.
- You will have an undergraduate Civil Engineering degree with a minimum of a BEng Civil Engineering - 2:2 (or above) or a BSc Civil Engineering - 2:1 (or above) or equivalent work experience.
- For applicants whose first degree was not taught and examined in English, an independent IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.