The Criminal Justice program at North Dakota State University is designed to enhance student's skills in understanding, gathering, processing, and analyzing research in the areas of criminology and criminal justice. The program is geared to understanding, critiquing, and analyzing the causes of crime and the criminal justice system's responses to it. The curriculum consists of foundation courses in theory, policy, and research methods, plus three substantive areas: criminology, policing, and corrections. Students have their choice of specializing in one of the three. Students also will be afforded course work in learning how to teach a college course.
Graduates will find an expanding and terrific academic job market available as well as professional employment in the criminal justice policy and research sector. There are currently fewer than 40 Criminal Justice Ph.D. programs operating on a national level, so students graduating with a Criminal Justice Ph.D. will be competitive for the 350 positions available annually in academic units.
- Advanced Criminology
- Criminal Justice Policy
- Program Evaluation
- Advanced Criminal Justice Methods
- Individual Theories of Crime
- Juvenile Corrections
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSociology Criminal Law Criminology View 296 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Students will need to enter the program with a baccalaureate degree
- Students will be required to have had one course in research methods, one course in statistics, and should document adequate background preparation or demonstrated potential in the field of Criminology or Criminal Justice
- For admission to full-standing, students are required to achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 over their last 60 credit hours
- Students will be required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and submit all scores to the Graduate School
- You are required to submit your online application and nonrefundable $35 application fee
- A statement of purpose is required for admission consideration and must be uploaded to your online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submitting your transcripts
- Proficiency with the English language
International21270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 709 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 405 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.