The specific goals of the Fine Arts (Concentration in Photography and Film) program at Virginia Commonwealth University are as follows: to foster a climate that inspires creativity, intellectual curiosity, freedom of expression and critical thinking; to attract and sustain a faculty of the highest quality by providing an environment conducive to their achieving and maintaining national and international stature; and to attract highly artistic and intelligent individuals interested in advanced study of the medium.
Student learning outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a familiarity with contemporary critical theory and an ability to apply and investigate those ideas in their work.
- Students will gain and display advanced skills in conceptual and technical use of the medium.
- Students will be able to create photographs and films that display an advanced level of intelligence and artistic vision.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film and Television Scripts
- Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies
- Advanced Sound
- Issues in Contemporary Visual Arts
- Art and Critical Theory
- Painting and Printmaking
- Graduate Seminar
- Independent Study in Photography and Film
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 225 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.