Graduate students in the Fine Arts (Concentration in Kinetic Imaging) program at Virginia Commonwealth University are exposed to a vigorous visiting artist schedule. Through studio reviews, seminars and research, the students are expected to build an awareness of contemporary and historical definitions of art that will influence their creative work. In addition to their own investigations, graduate students participate in and contribute to the undergraduate program.
While the graduate program is generally a two-year, four-semester in-residence program, students are expected to continue pursuits either on campus or at an alternative site throughout the calendar year.
Student learning outcomes
- Through studio reviews, seminars and research, students are expected to build an awareness of contemporary and historical definitions of art that will influence their creative work.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking and conceptual problem-solving, with the ability to contribute to and challenge the rapidly evolving dialogue in media arts.
- Students’ creative work will demonstrate an engagement with critical thinking and conceptual problem-solving.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to carry their work and critical inquiry to professional platforms such as public exhibitions, performance and/or scholarly publication. This includes knowledge of the various venues available to support and enhance their professional careers and the ability to accurately communicate what their work is addressing and who they are as artists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Media
- Independent Study
- Advanced Sound
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Visual Arts View 585 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.